The Communications Team at Cambridge Cancer Research Hospital (CCRH) is responsible for managing our social media presence on Facebook and Twitter. These guidelines are in place to create a positive environment where our community can engage, share experiences, ask questions and provide feedback about the new hospital.
We appreciate hearing from you and ask that you show courtesy, kindness, and respect to all members when using our social media channels.
How we use social media
- We do not automatically follow back if you follow us on social media. Being followed, using hashtags, or mentioning our accounts does not imply endorsement.
- We may retweet or share content that we find useful or interesting, but this does not constitute an endorsement.
- Our social media accounts are updated and monitored during normal office hours, Monday to Friday. Please note that occasional downtime or platform unavailability is beyond our control, and we cannot be held responsible for any service disruptions.
Views and feedback
- We welcome your feedback, ideas and engagement and will endeavour to join the conversation when appropriate.
- We may use your contact information or usernames to respond to your messages or comments. If you post publicly on social media, we may share or retweet your post with our followers.
- You have the option to unsubscribe or unfollow us at any time.
Our House Rules
By engaging with our social media channels, you agree to follow these guidelines:
- You are solely responsible for any content you post, including shared content.
- Inappropriate posts may be removed, ignored, or partially deleted at our discretion.
- We will delete comments and block accounts that spread false information about cancer, medical treatments, or research.
- We will take action against any social media profiles that use CCRH imagery without permission.
- We reserve the right to remove, block, ban and/or report users who:
- Bully, harass or intimidate individuals or organisations.
- Post unlawful, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, or profane content.
- Promote discrimination based on protected characteristics (age, disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, religion, or sexual orientation).
- Engage in deceptive or misleading practices.
- Infringe upon someone else’s rights or violate the law.
- Violate intellectual property rights.
- Discuss legal ongoing proceedings.
- Engage in spamming or advertise products/services.
- Post irrelevant, off-topic, disruptive, or repetitive content.
- We will also take action against users who:
- Encourage others to post such inappropriate messages.
- Use offensive images as their profile picture.
- Have offensive usernames.
- We hope to avoid such actions, but we trust you understand the reasons behind them.
- Responding: We aim to respond to your inquiries within three hours during our working hours, which are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Outside of these hours, we will address urgent comments or queries that pose a risk to patient safety or the hospital’s reputation. We do not respond to commercial messages.
We aim to respond to your inquiries within three hours during our working hours, which are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Outside of these hours, we will address urgent comments or queries that pose a risk to patient safety or the hospital’s reputation.
- We do not respond to commercial messages.
- Please note that comments and postings by followers on our social media channels (“User Content”) do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Cambridge Cancer Research Hospital.
We strive to make our social media channels accessible. We achieve this by:
- Adding image descriptions to photos on social platforms.
- Adding subtitles to videos.
We respect and protect your privacy. We may use analytics or third-party services to analyse our social media channels for trends, insights, and engagement.
Reporting inappropriate content
If you come across any content or comments on our social media channels that do not comply with these house rules, please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org and / or the relevant social media platform.